People          Projects          Podcast          Store          Home          News          Shakespeare          Contact


Wednesday, July 11, 2007

iPods. Huh, who'da thunk?

Yeah, found out that when I updated Sydney (My ipod) yesterday, it uploaded all of the MURadio podcasts. Didn't know it did that. That rocks. I'm just sayin'.

Sick. Yes, sick I am of people telling me how great the movie TRANSFORMERS is. Being a male between the ages of 13 and 50, I like very little more than a big action movie with ridiculously cool special effects, unreal stunts, explosions galore, Is-it-live-or-is-it-Memorex CGI, narrow escapes, and super hot brunettes with killer bodies wearing as little as possible - preferably dripping wet from sweat. HOWEVER, more than all of these (save the brunettes thing), I care about S T O R Y ! ! ! Of which there was a gaping void in Michael Bay's latest hunk of crap. After 45 minutes of decent (not great) story, the Transformers land on Earth en masse. This, the point of the whole film and the TITLE, is where the film begins to suck. Ironic, eh?

This is why I (and the rest of the world, even if they didn't realize why) loved SPIDER-MAN 2: larger-than-life characters and situations, but everything is couched in a story that creates real drama, tension and emotion. (And bitchin' shots of Spidey swinging through the city... but I digress.....) I thank my God every day that Michael Bay didn't get to direct Spider-Man. (Why would I thank Alan Rickman for that, even I'm not sure. Just go with it.......)

So, that being said, as far as Mutiny Universe is concerned, I am very excited and highly optimistic, as Jason is far more talented than Michael Bay, John writes quality scripts with great character depth and story, and I intend to Executive Produce everything so that I can demand hot 21-year-old wet brunettes and CGI robots into every film, especially the tear-jerker we're prepping about the failed attempts of an ass-backward Nazi trying to build a comedy club in Auschwitz. (Think LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL meets THE PRODUCERS meets RODAN. With CGI robots.)

That, and "obsequious" is a really cool word.

No comments:


Élan Vital Production Stills Élan Vital Production Stills Élan Vital Production Stills
Check out our Élan Vital Production Stills!
Copyright © 2006-2008 Mutiny Universe, Inc. All rights reserved.
Questions and/or comments? info@mutinyuniverse.com
Requests and/or rant topics? radio@mutinyuniverse.com