People          Projects          Podcast          Store          Home          News          Shakespeare          Contact


Monday, August 20, 2007

Chocolate Rain

I know I'm about six months behind the times (and that's what I get for not being a Youtuber or an active MySpacer or whatever), but apparently Tay Zonday's "Chocolate Rain" is (or was) quite the World Wide Web phenomenon:



And this is Chad Vader's cover. At least I'm slightly "hip" enough to know about the Chad Vader short films:



If you take into consideration the old Warhol prophecy, today's technology, and the spirit of the time...mix all those in together nicely...in my opinion, it's still more desirable to create art than to chase some trend. Mostly it's going to be a careful and thankless process (speaking of which, check out the Elan Vital blog), but isn't the process the real payoff? Ideally, yes...and any residual rewards would be icing on the cake, the cold beer after a hard day's work, and other cliches of the same sentiment.

But if you're in the mood to play the game, then play. Play is fun. (Pardon the truism.) If Mutiny Universe can create an Internet sensation, I'd be happy too (only because I've attempted to try that game once).

My opinion only accounts for at most 20%,
Ryan

No comments:


Élan Vital Production Stills Élan Vital Production Stills Élan Vital Production Stills
Check out our Élan Vital Production Stills!
Copyright © 2006-2008 Mutiny Universe, Inc. All rights reserved.
Questions and/or comments? info@mutinyuniverse.com
Requests and/or rant topics? radio@mutinyuniverse.com